Key STEPS TO BUYING HAIR EXTENSIONS ONLINE
Buying online has become a go to. One swipe or tap on your phone, iPad, or MAC allows purchasing any and everything at your fingertips, and that includes hair extensions. However, some things are harder to buy online than others. There are a few questions and steps you should take when purchasing your extensions online. Finding the incorrect texture, color, length, cost, amongst others things can cause an unpleasant buying experience for you and the seller. Need help being confident in purchasing your hair extensions online? Look no further here are nine steps to buying hair extensions online.
Number One: Look For A Reliable Hair Company
The first thing you will need to do when shopping online for hair extensions is sure that the company you plan to purchase your hair extensions from is a reliable and honest seller. Try finding reviews; reviews are pretty much as personal recommendations, unbiased and accurate. Are there any negative reviews, if so did the company respond and try to resolve the issues of their past clients? Reading reviews from past clients gives you an idea of the company and their brand. Lastly, has the business been accredited by the BBB (Better Business Bureau)? Being accredited by the BBB determines that the industry meets accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Code of Business Practices represents standards for business accreditation by BBB.
Number Two: What Is The Cost Of Hair?
The cost of hair extensions varies based on the quality, type, and length of hair extensions that you choose. You should compare prices in the local market. Try visiting a few local salons beauty stores, and department stores to see what types of extensions are sold and for what price. Prices are liable to fluctuate from business to business, if rates are lower, be sure the business still has a good reputation, low prices can indicate poor quality.
Number Three: Do They Offer What You Are Shopping For?
When buying online be direct and ensure your time is not wasted on sellers who do not carry the items you are interested in. Some sellers will say they can special order your items but the time frame will, of course, be longer as well as a heightened cost for you the consumer.
Number Four: Do They Carry The Texture You Are Looking?
Don’t get me wrong all textures are beautiful, however, finding the textures that match your texture effortlessly is ideal when shopping online. If you’re unsure of the texture ask if they have samples they can send before your purchase. Either way, do not budge on the texture you want, find a seller that is versatile!
Number Five: Do They Carry The Length You Are Looking For?
Choosing your length of hair extensions is pretty easy. When choosing your hair extensions to increase the length of your hair, try staying within four inches of your natural hair length for the most “realistic” blend. However, if you're looking for inches, go head girl! 26’-32’ has become the new wave of length, and many sellers are willing to accommodate their online customers, do be sure to find one!
Number Six: Do They Carry The Color You Are Looking For?
Finding your color online will most likely be the hardest task because a photo can show the extensions a bit lighter or darker than the actual color. When looking for a supplier to ensure that they have a color chart and categorize what shade you may fall into to make the process easier for you.
- Darkest shade
- Pure black
- Comparable to hair dyed black
- Blue undertones
- Natural black color, not dye
- Warm brown undertones
- When your hair usually looks black but sometimes looks dark brown in the sun
- Darkest shade of brown
- Dark rich brown color
- Red undertones
- Noticeable brown color
- Mid-tone brown
- Warm undertones
- Not as red as Mocha Brown
- Full warm golden and red undertones
- Slightly lighter than dark Brown
- The lightest shade of brown
- Warm golden brown with honey and caramel undertones
- Can blend with some ash brown colors
- Darkest blonde
- Wheat hues
- Lots of golden and brown undertones
- Blends with most natural blonde shades
- A bright blonde color
- A lot of warm golden undertones
- Similar to bleach blonde
- Ash undertones
- Not platinum blonde but can be toned
- The lightest shade of blonde
- Silver undertones
- Can be toned to achieve white or grey/ silver hair
- Darkest Red
- Deep burgundy red color
- A mixture of Siena and firebrick undertones
- Lightest red shade
- A mixture of red and golden undertones
- Similar to dirty blonde, but with strawberry red hues
Number Seven: Do They Offer The Type Of Extensions You Are Looking For?
With extensions, there are many methods and types to choose from.
- Clip In Extensions: These come in a strand of shaped piece attached at the base with fabric or silicone. Clips are attached to this base and become ready to use. Clip in extensions snaps open and close easily.
- Tape-In Extensions: These are pre-taped and then taped/glued together on either side of your hair.
- Sew In Hair Extensions/Weave: These extensions are put in by braiding the natural hair into cornrows first, then using a needle and thread you sew the extensions into the braid or cornrow, it depends on the preference of the hairstylist.
- Fusions or Pre-Bonded Hair Extensions: These are fused to your hair using a different adhesive such as glue.
- Wig & Hair Pieces: They come in multiple forms and are applied on top of your hair. Long full wigs are made to cover the entire head including “lace fronts.” Hairpieces are shaped into, buns or ponytails.
Step Number Eight: Is Their Shipping Ideal
Poor shipping can negatively impact your experience no matter how great the experience may have been! If your product arrives, damaged, incorrect, not on time, or worse lost everything is significantly diminished. So they provide tracking numbers? Be sure they ship to your country, the time allotted, and if other customers have complained about their shipping cost or practices!
Step Number Nine: What Is Their Return Policy?
A company having a clear and concise return policy is ideal. You need to know if you will receive a store credit or money back if you do not like what you have received! Do you have to pay a restocking fee or shipment cost? Also, how long do you have to return your hair?
Online Is Always Convenient
Buying online is always convenient. However, there are steps and precautions you will need to take to ensure your purchase and if needed your return as well. By following these steps, you will be sure to elevate issues that commonly arise when purchasing online. Have any other questions ask below!