When it comes to bleaching knots, the time it takes will be determined based on the quality of your lace closure or lace frontal.
A good quality closure or frontal should bleach perfectly in 10 minutes or less.
If it takes longer than 10 minutes to bleach it is likely due to one of the following factors:
First, The hair cannot be bleached because it is of poor quality.
Second, The knots are too big. This can occur when the manufacturing of the lace is ventilated with more than 1 to 2 strands of hair…more like the manufacturer added upwards of 3 to 5 strands of hair at a time to create a knot.
Third, the manufacturer added some type of adhesive to the knots because they know that the hair will bread off easily.
So what does all of this mean?
Here is what you want to look for:
- Pay attention to how big the knots are
- Make sure the lace itself is authentic
- Consider Swiss Lace as a preference…it is very soft and smooth
- Stay away from ‘hard’ or ‘plastic’ feeling lace
- The lace should be soft to touch on the skin (very soft)
- Avoid thick hair line closures/frontals
- Go for ‘pre-plucked’ options if you can